Monday, March 23, 2009

T-Shirt Memory Quilt

Have any of you made a memory quilt with the t-shirts? Time to get started on one as my Grandson is graduating in June and I want to surprise him with it. If you have done one any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. I have 2 different ones I can do. To size the shirts one uses fusible interfacing, the other uses the heat and bond. Tuesday our neighborhood quilt group meets. We are working on a row by row and its amazing how different the blocks look done in the different colors. We meet just about every two weeks and I Love it. It was in that group I learned all about quilting and I don't know what I would do without them. There are 6 of us and its nice, as we meet in each others homes. Will post some pictures of the row by row as soon as I get mine back. A couple of us are working very hard on the wool felt projects. I enjoy that and try to do a bit each day. I haven't embroidered in about 25 years, but its coming back. Its like riding a bike!! You never forget!

2 comments:

  1. I'd NOT use heat and bond....as you'd have the quilt be very stiff that way. I think you are better off using a stabilizer interfacing...so the t-shirt area won't stretch but it will still be a bit pliable and softer than it would be with heat and bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have nominated you for the Sisterhood Award. Check my blog.

    ReplyDelete