Tuesday, March 31, 2009

KATIES first sewing piece


My Grandaughter Katie was going thru my scraps and asked if she could make something and I said, sure you can. She decided on a House and picked out some pieces. I then showed her how to thread a needle, how to knot it and how to do a basic stitch. The picture is her finished product, note the crooked chimney, and her letter to me after.It says "Quiltings fun Nana,tech me more. I learned so much about quilting because of you!! Thank You Nana!! Love, your Grandoter Katie at the end she wrote to:Nana. I framed it and it hangs proudly on the wall where I sew. (I wrote as she did, mistakes and all) Don't you just Love It?

4 comments:

  1. How old is your gandoter? I love her house, and that you framed it with her letter. My Tiny Grandma taught me to sew. It is so special. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how darling is that.. a treasure beyond words for sure!!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the chance to see this piece Katie did and read her letter in person...and it's really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gives me a very warm feeling. What a lovely relationship you have with your grand-daughter! So sweet...

    ReplyDelete