Sunday, May 3, 2009

Katies Big Day




Yesterday our Katie made her First Holy Communion. She really looked like an angel in spite of being such a "Tomboy" I have a picture of her bringing the "Basket of Wheat" I wanted to show a full view of the dress as I saved that dress, it was worn by Katie's Mom Patricia, and by Patricia's sister Kathy. It is about 32 years old. I also redid the original veil. It was a small class, 5 girls and 4 boys. The other girls wore long dresses but Katie wanted her Moms dress and no other dress was going to do. It was so touching, and then Katie's brother Brandon was the Altar Boy so it was a family day. Hope you enjoyed Katie's big day and our trip down memory lane

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! Did you make it? I like it much better than the long ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looked very nice.....I've never seen her in a dress (and I know it will be a long time before she is willing to wear one again)!!! Sorry I was sick and wasn't able to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To still have the dress is special enough, but to have Katie bucking the trend and choosing to wear it goes beyond special. I would have had a hard time taking photos through very misty eyes. Thanks for sharing, Kaye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful day and memories

    ReplyDelete